Panel Discussion on Impact of Central Budget 2016 on Direct & Indirect Taxes
Key Takeaways from the Economic Survey 2016, prepared by the Hon’ble Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley and Chief Economic Adviser Shri Arvind Subramanian, are:
- India expects its economy to grow 7-7.5% in the fiscal year to March 2017, and the projected growth is 8% in the next couple of years.
- 2015/16 fiscal deficit seen at 3.9 percent of GDP seems achievable
- 2016/17 expected to be challenging from fiscal point of view
- 2016/17 current account deficit seen around 1-1.5% of GDP
- Proposes widening tax net from 5.5% of earning individuals to more than 20%
- Tax revenue expected to be higher than budgeted levels in FY15/16
- CPI inflation seen around 4.5 to 5% in 2016/17
Considering the Central Budget 2016 is to be released soon and to assess the impacts on India’s economical growth, WTC Goa in association with International Centre of Goa, ICG and WIRC of ICAI (Goa Branch) and Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry is organising a Panel Discussion on Impact of Central Budget 2016 on Direct & Indirect Taxes on March 3, 2016, time: 3 – 5 pm at ICG, Dona Paula, Panjim.
The speakers are:
1) CA. Sandip Bhandare, Vice President, Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry; and Past President, Goa Branch of Western India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
2) CA. Parimal Kulkarni, Past Secretary, Goa Branch of Western India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
In the presence of our Hon’ble Chairperson:
Mr. Manguirish Pai Raiker, National Council Chairman for SME/ ASSOCHAM; Former President, Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry; and Elected Trustee, The International Centre Goa
We request you to kindly register for the event before March 1, 2016, as we have limited seats. To register email us at email@example.com or contact Ms. Cheryl : 0832-2431108.